SteveHRV7

My engine is on order and I will be calling about the firewall forward kit soon. That means it is tool time again! I have all the standard tools to build an RV, now I need to get all the necessary tools to install and service the engine. I am installing an AeroSport Power IO-375 in my 7a. Recommendations on necessary tools?
Thanks!

Most critical...

...a good spark plug socket. ATS has nice ones in either magnetic or non-magnetic for decent prices. I needed one in a hurry and whined a little ... they got it to me next day!

That should get you through the installation; there's nothing really special otherwise. Crowfoot wrench for your prop, maybe. By the time you get to your first oil change, you will want to have a filter wrench on hand and a filter cutter. By the way, I installed a quick drain and don't know how I got along without it. Does that count as a tool or a part? For other service, like the 100 hour/annual, a spark plug cleaner, gapping tool, and differential tester are good.

After that, depends on your equipment and also how far you will be going to service your engine. My LSE ignition doesn't need it, but you may need timing tools for mags. Engine specific tools, such as cylinder base wrenches, ring compressors, and so on. Hopefully you won't need any of those right away; not at all if you intend to let a shop do repairs. Oh, and a hand-held prop tach tool is not a bad idea for verifying your instrument panel tach and setting idle.