donswords

Hi 1/4 inch gap between the lower leading edge of my canopy and the top frame skin (C-702) Problem is the canopy has been attached to the rear frame and side rails so basically the front edge was trimmed too high/short. Is this 1/4 inch gap too much to remedy with fairings and or fillers? Thanks

Does it relatively gently push down against the skin? I put 3 clips I fabricated to hold the front of the canopy down. There still are a couple gaps about 1/8 inch. Flox can be used to fill the gap when you glass the front. You will need to figure how to keep it smooth on the inside ( eg a fillet stick/popsicle stick trimmed to fit, and tape the inside canopy for anything that squeezes in), and I recommend mixing in black dye (ACS and others sell dyes for epoxy) so you don't see much of it with your preferably black glare shield.
Of course, double check with Vans, but I think flox will be your friend.

Yeah I can get it down to the skin at some parts but that puckers up another area. :-( Seems like an even 1/4 in. gap all the way around to the fronts of the side rails Guess the flox buildup is doable. I'll check with Vans. Has anyone done a structural fairing that may screw to the 702 skin and the plexi? Thanks. BTW My friends completed RV-7 had it's first flight this morning! I am a jealous boy!! Cheers

If you use the traditional canopy fairing approach ...

... with six or seven succeedingly narrow layers of glass cloth, you'll have no trouble covering the gap. Like Carl said, stabilize the canopy leading edge with clips or brackets of some sort so it can't move around. The multi-layer glass fairing makes the whole fwd end solid as concrete, so you just need to stabilize (rigidify?) the canopy during the glassing process.