floridawing

Well Known Member
Hello, opinions please. While changeing the oil in my RV6 I noticed this oil line was very close to my right upper engine mount. I was thinking it might be to close. It has been this way for almost three years and I do not see any damage.

RVengine082.jpg
RVengine081.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO Way to close and you are lucky it hasn't cracked or been broken off.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Too close

That would be too close for me. A 90 degree fitting might do the job, but can you get it on without pulling the engine from the motor mount?

That's an oil pressure gauge line ... IMHO although you may have a restrictor in the line I think firesleeve would be a good idea.

Don

I had the same concerns. Vans said it was fine but I loosened the the engine mounts and moved the fitting to a port very close to that one but comes off the back of the case rather than the side. Now I have LOTS of clearance and piece of mind.

Doesn't look real good. Maybe you could grind a small half-moon in the mount right there, maybe.