gstone

Well Known Member
Starting to wire and have heard of but can't seem to find info on switches that include the breaker. Seems this would save some space, trouble and weight if there are not any draw backs????

Any thoughts on this??

Also!! Does anyone know of an insulated terminal firewall fitting to pass thru with a positive cable and leave a terminal inside?

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Pass throughs

Note that the pass through referenced, while nicely made, is plastic. Opinions vary widely on how much emphasis to place on the "fire" in firewall, but it's a point to consider.

Starting to wire and have heard of but can't seem to find info on switches that include the breaker. Seems this would save some space, trouble and weight if there are not any draw backs???? Greg

Having owned a B55 Beechcraft full of them, I used the toggle switch breakers in my '8' and haven't had any issues. There is an AD out on some that were used in several production airplanes though, so be careful of "good deals" on used breakers. :rolleyes:

http://csobeech.com/breaker-switches.html

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Check out ETA 3120 and 1120 breaker switch series. many options. I ordered mine through Allied Electronics with dimmable LED indicators and color coded for application groups.