glenn654

Well Known Member
I'm doing some panel planning and will have a row of toggles below my primary EFIS (AFS 4500s) and am looking for ideas for how to light the toggles for night ops.

If you have something that works well for you please pass it along with a
pic(s) if you have one available.

Thanks,

Glenn Wilkinson

I'm not flying yet but I bought a kick lighting 12volt on/off dimmer off eBay and a strip of led lights with adhesive backing both for less than $35. I am going to use it as glare shield flood lighting for switches/map etc.
No real world test yet, but I have lit them up in the garage. Only issue i see might be the lowest setting is a little too bright.

Are you set on specific toggle switches yet? If not there are a lot of different rockers with lighting (including the fancy but expensive RockRack) and even LED illuminated toggles -- paddle or baton type, with red, green, yellow or even bi-color red/green illumination.

Like these NKK switches available at Digikey. Pretty cool stuff. I may use them myself!

I used one of these mounted near the top of the left side pillar.

apfz9f.jpg
[/IMG]

It is adjustable and lights up the switches to about the circuit breakers. I am considering adding another one next to the existing one or maybe on the right pillar to light up the centre/right side switches. This one is more powerful and may be better??

I have a full width LED strip that lights up most of the switches but I cannot read the switch labels without the eyeball light.

Fin
9A

I should have explained it a little better.

I bought a partially completed -7 and the toggles are already in another section of the panel but I will move some of them under the EFIS.
So I wouldn't want to change them out for lighted rockers but I do like those and know they work well.

An eyeball light or something similar would probably be the best solution.

Have also considered a light strip but only want to light the toggles.

If it were possible to have something to attach the strip to that could be mounted above the toggles and would direct the light downward would be a good possibility.

Have some good options, will work something out.

Thanks Guys.

Glenn

Rocker Switches

I bought mine off the Lancair website. Beautiful rocker switches, backlit, with anything you want engraved. I was told they are the certified swithches from Beechcraft. Love mine.