ColoRv

Well Known Member
I called Todd's a couple months ago and he seemed like a very nice guy. Told me to send him a check and he would get a canopy out to me that week. Three weeks after sending the check, having not heard from him, I called him up. Apologies will make it in short order.

That was a month or so ago...and still no word. I'm pretty patient with such things as its not like its the last thing to do before flight, but is this typical production time for Todd's? Just sit patiently or make some noise? I was hoping to be working on this before the real cold of winter set in....I think that window has now passed.

Todd's

I live in Fl ,called him and asked if I could have one made and pick it up in two weeks . Called a few days in advance , picked up on time . He has a small shop, looks like he can get overwhelmed with work quick . Give him a break until the first of the year. Worth the wait . I fabricated my own skirts instead of trying to get Vans skirts to fit , saved some $ also.
Tom

Todd is a bit of a world adventurer so he is often out of the country for extended periods. Just be patient, you won't be disappointed. But keep bugging him, he'll get it done.

I am fine waiting if that's the norm. No problem. I can appreciate the free spirit type. I've got plenty of other directions I can point my tools.

I posted this thread back in December. Its two months further down the road, three broken promises and finally I set a deadline after which I was buying Vans....and that did the trick. My canopy showed up from Todds today!

I have to say, something will have to be pretty spectacular about this canopy for me to ever recommend him. I know he has some pretty close friends in here, but I have never seen customer service in the RV community that is even remotely this bad. Every time I called him, he had no idea who I was or what I had ordered. He lost the paperwork so didn't have my phone number or shipping address, nor the tint I chose or even which model of plane I am building....all of which I had to explain each time I called. Each time he promised to build me a beauty next week....only to repeat the conversation two weeks later. If I hadn't said "Todd, next Friday I will order a Vans canopy if you haven't shipped by then", I would still be having that conversation every month.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he is a great guy. However, unless this canopy makes me more attractive, smarter, richer or adds 10 knots....I don't see the point in going through that much aggravation in order to save $130 after shipping. Perhaps I'll feel differently after I'm flying with it.

I understand the need for PMs on occasion but I want to be in the loop. I had decided I would be getting a Todd's canopy too. I haven't ordered yet but is there something I should know?

Todd's

I have dealt with Todd twice, both were good experiences. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
hack

I emailed Todd last night about an RV-8 order. He responded this morning. He has 2 -8s ready to ship. Maybe he just made a batch?? I'll be mailing out a check today.

Perhaps your persistence inspired batch of -8 canopies because when I emailed him last Friday, he responded and I sent a check. I went to the freight depot today to pick up this.
_DSC0509.JPG

From the date of initial contact to product delivery was 7 days total. And she sure looks good. Thumbs UP! ;)

Perhaps your persistence inspired batch of -8 canopies because when I emailed him last Friday, he responded and I sent a check. I went to the freight depot today to pick up this.
_DSC0509.JPG

From the date of initial contact to product delivery was 7 days total. And she sure looks good. Thumbs UP! ;)

That is amazing. Glad I could help!

You really know how to hurt a guy..... :)