ScottA

Today is the first step of my dream build (an -8) journey. Ordering my emp kit today along with the plans on disk and both practice kits. Now the excitement is really growing to get started with my build. I still have a lot to do in the shop to prep, hopefully it will get done before delivery so I can get to it.
I want to say thanks to everyone here for keeping my dream alive. It's been 5 yrs. since I began thinking I wanted to build an RV-8. Now the time has come. My wife and kids are just as excited, I believe. Could not ask for a better family for support for my dream. Thank you Family!!

God Bless,
Scott

and a deep powerful voice of unknown origin says . . .

and so it begins . . . . .

RV8 Start

Scott,

I have 4 RV8 kits going together at Hicks T67. I fly an RV8, if you want to see some parts that are put together. Come on down!
Hicks has a good restruant on field too.
Congratulations on getting started, and welcome aboard.

Welcome

Welcome Scott. Fellow Amateur. Enjoy the build.
Only one bit of advise. Search VAF prior to building a component. Usually I search by part number. These folks have saved tons of errors and often found better ways to do things.
Build on

Looking for progress reports!

Scott good news! Don't forget to put a tracker in your 8 you already have a call sign. First flight in 2022? :)

Scott good news! Don't forget to put a tracker in your 8 you already have a call sign. First flight in 2022? :)
Vlad, that is certainly on the list. I have enjoyed seeing your tracks lately. And yes on the First flight.. that is right along my planned time line. I will be a slow slow build, but at least a build.

Scott,

I have 4 RV8 kits going together at Hicks T67. I fly an RV8, if you want to see some parts that are put together. Come on down!
Hicks has a good restruant on field too.
Congratulations on getting started, and welcome aboard.
Jay, thanks for the invite. I will let you know if I head that way. I have met other builders from the Dallas area already from this site. VAF site is AWESOME!

and a deep powerful voice of unknown origin says . . .

and so it begins . . . . .

LOL!!

Sa-weet!

Exciting times Scott! Glad to hear you pulled the trigger - you just took one of the major obligatory steps!!! Now the fun stuff begins...and the anxious... the nervous...the confusing...the frustrating...and the satifying :D

And think - with the emp ordered, just three more kits and you will be done ;)

Last edited: