Jackkclark

Well Known Member
Building an RV12, flying a 40 year old 152 with cracks in the outer skin that have been stop drilled. If I "wrap" my plane rather than paint it, will I be able to see any cracks that develop in the outer skin....without removing the wrap?
Has anyone flying an RV developed any cracks in the outer skin that needed to be repaired? Perhaps it is a non-issue?

The vinyl will not hide cracks. My hangar mate has a vinyl checkered rudder on his -4. I can still see the cracks and most have cracked through the vinyl.

I can understand the advantages of wrap over paint on an aluminum plane with flush rivets. But our RV-12's are covered with those raised head blind rivets. How in the world could they wrap such a bumpy surface and make it come out right?

Just sayin'

Don't Torch Me

Here we go again with that darned propane torch. I cannot get good feelings of someone blowing that flame all around my aircraft.

Here we go again with that darned propane torch. I cannot get good feelings of someone blowing that flame all around my aircraft.

NO PROPANE TORCHES at AircraftWraps

We also do not puncture our vinyl during installation as this video shows... Auto vs Aviation.... TWO completely different worlds!

Last edited: