RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I have the vacuum pad and oil filter adapter off and thought this would be a good time to install the -8 fitting on the back of the accessory case, it is the one that goes to the oil cooler and sits between the oil filter adapter and the vacuum pad.

The plans don't really tell you where to clock this fitting. I am hoping someone will have a suggestion. I am thinking between 7-8 o'clock as you look a the back of the engine.

Oh I have a TMX IO-360 with vertical induction.

Nemo--

not everyones oil cooler setup is the same, nor are the hose lengths. Some use straight, some 45's, and even a few 90's have been seen, so it's going to be alittle hard to tell you. The location of the cooler, and the fitting you use on the cooler, will also help determine what angle to clock your fittings at.
FWF is where we see alot of "off plans" changes, especially different locations for coolers, and the type of fuel systems used. Also note that if you move the cooler from its "Vans plans" location, the Vans hoses may be too long, or too short, as some have experienced.
My .02 cents worth--If you have settled on a permanent location for your cooler, take a piece of the hose you are planning on using (-8 teflon I hope with firesleeve), and with out the fittings, experiment with different routings until you find the best combination of lengths and angles. It may take a straight at the engine, and a 90* hose end, or some other combination to fit YOUR installation. I say use the sample of the type of hose and firesleeve you are planning for you installation, because the bend radius of the hose will vary, whether you use teflon, or AE701, or even 303 hose.
With all the discussion lately about safety, be careful of the hose routing. As we have seen, even stainless braid hoses with firesleeve are not impervious to damage from rubbing on engine mounts, exhaust, and believe it or not, those pesky little nubs on tie wraps. If they can cut your hands while working, imagine what they can do to firesleeve. It might surprise you!!
Take pics of your application---lots of help on here.
Tom

Mike,
If you are having a C/S prop, then the prop governor bracket will come into play. If you are, you might want to get it installed to see how to "dodge it".

I have a firewall mounted cooler, so my application may be different from yours.