skyking902001

Well Known Member
While installing a TNC connector on some RG400 cable, I messed up the pin. :mad: Does anyone know of a source where I could buy only the pin? I hate to buy another connector just for the pin. The Amphenol part number is 031-2381. Thanks in advance for any help from the board.

Steve

Connector $35
Pin $35

Those TNC connectors are crazy expensive. I hope you can find a way to get just the parts. If so, please post to the list.

Mike, I talked to Stein before I posted this. He used to stock the pins, but no longer. I'll call Walt tomorrow. I will post a link if I can find a source--surely I'm not the only one that ever messed up a pin.

I can save you the call, I have the connectors but no extra pins.
Mouser has them for $18

It has been a while since I made mine up but are the pins different between the right angle and straight ones? If they are the same it would be cheaper to buy a straight one to get the pin.

a work-around

1. TNC-BNC adapter.
2. BNC 90 degree adapter.
3. BNC male crimp plug for your RG-400.

Some connector loss, but dirt cheap/plentiful online.

-Stormy

Thanks for the replys. Mouser no longer sells the pins by themselves. I may check Digikey tomorrow- if no joy, I'll bite the bullet and buy another complete package. Moral of this story--ya only get one chance with these TNC connectors, so get it right the first time!