johnp

Well Known Member
i'm getting ready to order my 7a finish kit. i'm planning a tmx-i0360 w/s.h. injection, horiz sump. at osh '05 i think mahlon said to order for the lyc io360-m1b engine. i'd like confirmation, as well as any advice from someone who has already done this configuration -- is there anything i should delete from the finish kit order?

thanks,

john

John,

I have the TMX IO-360 w/ horizontal sump and everything unique to my configuration as far as the finish kit was concerned was covered by the info you have to fill in on the finish kit order form. Vertical or Horizontal sump is covered and the cowling type will be shipped accordingly.

Best

John,

I think you and I are getting about the same engine. For what it's worth, here's what's included in the IO-360-M1B firewall forward kit from Van's:

http://www.rv7blog.com/index.php/2006/11/27/firewall-forward-kit-contents/

I believe the price of the FWF kit is almost identical to the sum of the prices of the individual components. Since Van's only credits you 75% of the cost of an item you delete from a package kit, I decided to roll my own FWF kit and am buying things as I need them. That way I ought to save money by (for example) buying the real Stewart Warner oil cooler straight away and not paying Van's an additional 25% of the cost of the (reportedly inferior) "Stewart Warner style" version you get with the FWF kit.

good luck,
mcb

Last edited:
use AFP

Order it with Airflow Preformance FI. Don has a great product and a kit to fit the RV a/c. I'm runing it on my TMX IO360 rv6 and my brother will be using it on his RV10. :)

I ordered Van's IO-360-M1B FF Kit for my Superior XP-IO360 , but eliminated some items that I had already purchased. There's no savings by purchasing the kit. The individual prices are the same. Go through the list and customize it. I'm not sure about your sump setup with TMX but I did have to create a new throttle bracket as it attaches differently than a lycoming.