apkp777

Well Known Member
Okay,

I have been searching with no success. Does anyone have a source for titanium hardware? There is a titanium screw that has a reduced head (8/32 screw with a 6/32 head). We used these on Boeing aircraft frequently but I don't know where to get them.

I had planned to use them for my fuel tank attach fasteners. I didn't follow up my dimples with a machine countersink thinking that the reduced head screws would be perfect. Now I can't find any. I am reluctant to countersink the holes and don't want to pull the tanks to use a bigger dimple.

I believe the part number is NAS8602-8816.

google the part number

I did that, all that I get are a bunch of wholesale sites that you have to go through a distributor to access. I was hoping for something a little more simple. Like enter qty and hit "checkout". I realize it may not be that easy.

Check with GAHCO - he seems to be dialed in to the whole aircraft parts supply chain....

Okay,

I have been searching with no success. Does anyone have a source for titanium hardware? There is a titanium screw that has a reduced head (8/32 screw with a 6/32 head). We used these on Boeing aircraft frequently but I don't know where to get them.

I had planned to use them for my fuel tank attach fasteners. I didn't follow up my dimples with a machine countersink thinking that the reduced head screws would be perfect. Now I can't find any. I am reluctant to countersink the holes and don't want to pull the tanks to use a bigger dimple.

Contact me tomorrow we will talk and I will give you many great options.

If you have access to boeing parts, i think the part number is BACB30VF2K..

I'm not sure of the NAS part number, i could look it up if you really need it..

Nick..

Titanium paints really well and won't rust. $$ may make it too expensive. I don't know for sure, but I believe that the reduced head titanium fasteners have the same shear strength (or head strength) as a normal head steel. Not that it matters much as I don't think the wing will fall off with either.

Off course it's always cool to say "yeah, I got titanium hardware in my wing". Figure that will trump the EXPERIMENTAL placard in the cockpit.

Nick..

Yep, I seem to recall that we referred to them as "VF" fasteners. They have a black tip I also recall.

Nick..

Thanks Nick, do you have the NAS cross reference for that?

Also, do you think that the VF2K is the 8/32? I was thinking it was a VF08K? I am only going on a distant memory from about 8 years ago.

Sent you an Email

Okay,

Sent you an Email

I know the 10/32 VF is the BACB30VF3K.. so i'm guessing the 8/32 would be VF2K..

I wont be at work till monday, i can look into a NAS part number then if i get a spare moment..

Cheers,

Nick..