dabney

Well Known Member
Friend
While prepping my 6A for the flight from SoCal to OSH next week I replaced the tires and tubes. The process went smoother than usual. Old tire came off the rim easily, new tube and tire went on the rim smoothly. I think tons of tire talc helped that. After putting the tires back on the axle, safety wire the brake caliper bolts, and everything else I discovered during cleanup on the bench I failed to put the tube valve stem "threaded retainer washer(?)" that goes at the base of the valve stem inside the tire.

Is that something that needs to be corrected before I fly to OSH next week??.. I am not really sure the purpose of the part I omitted so I need some advice.

I have never installed anything on the valve stem inside the tire

All that I have is the cap and the jam nut unless you are talking about the rubber grommet that goes in one wheel half. I have no washer in that assembly.

Bob Axsom

Same here

I did the same thing. Checked the archives and several people who I consider "Guru's" said "throw the the nuts and washers in your parts bin and move on".

Hey Turbo, what were you doing up at 3:16am. You're too old for that...LOL

Somewhere I read some directions when originally installing my tires on the wheels that said something like "Remove and discard". It was pointing at the nut and washer that came with the tube.

I can't remember where those instructions came from though....