My canopy seems to be too heavy for my stuts in that they can barely keep the canopy up. I had a couple of close call with the canopy making a loud "bang" as it slamed down on the rails. :( Does anybody know where you can buy stronger struts?

I had one strut on my tip up that was obviously weaker than the other and wondered the same thing. You can look up the manufacturer from the label on the strut---they make several different "strength" of struts all with exactly the same structure and dimensions---just more nitrogen in the stronger units. I bought two units of the next strength up--they were a direct replacement and work great on my 9a tipper. Sorry I don't have the phone # any more.

Cheers,

db

The struts can leak over time. You may have a bad set. If they are not too old, Van's may replace them.

Roberta

Just replaced mine (4 yrs. old/one side had lost pressure) with a pair from NAPA. If you look at the strut, the manufacturer and part number are stamped on. Internet search gave me the extended/compressed lengths as well as the force. Wasn't able to purchase direcetly from Van's supplier (off-shore mfg.), hence NAPA. If you go the same route, be careful that the numbers match up, or you could damage your A/C. My NAPA set has 1 in. less extension, so top of canopy is probably open 2-3 inches less. Buy a set from Van's if you have the time. Price about the same as NAPA. Suggest replacing both sides.
Terry