PaulR

Well Known Member
I've gotten the subpanel all clecoed back in the fuse after making the canopy release parts and, am trying to decide if it's okay to fit the canopy frame with the subpanel just clecoed and the F-771 forward skin just clecoed in place. I really don't want to rivet the forward skin until the wiring, etc is nearly done, and that's waiting on funds.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Thats what I did

Paul,

That's what I have done for the same reasons you are. I did cut access doors in the front skin also for future access. But they are not nearly as convenient as I want, so even with those I am not putting front skin on permanently until much later.

Good luck.

I've gotten the subpanel all clecoed back in the fuse after making the canopy release parts and, am trying to decide if it's okay to fit the canopy frame with the subpanel just clecoed and the F-771 forward skin just clecoed in place. I really don't want to rivet the forward skin until the wiring, etc is nearly done, and that's waiting on funds.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Leave the forward skin unriveted till the very end. Go ahead and build the tip up.
Merry Christmas

Be very sure you do not raise the canopy with clecoes in the aft-most row of holes in the forward fuse skin. The clecoes will damage your carefully fitted canopy skin and you will be sad.........

And if you have the forward skin clecoed on, be careful that you don't raise the canopy and it catches on the aft part of the forward skin and bends one or the other or both. You probably know how I know this (and a lot of other builders know this...).

greg