pilot28906

Well Known Member
I need to trim the ears on the canopy skin where the plexi fits. Most photos on this site shows a lot of trimming where the plexi transitions from under the ear. Is there any dimensions on the drawings that shows how much to trim? Some say removing the ears is OK; just cut straight out from the notch? I plan on using Sika Flex.

Thanks,

I am/will follow his site but can not find any detail on the size of the trim or if you just start trimming and keep going until it fits.

Dimensions? Ha ha ha ha.... This is the canopy you are talking about. There are no dimensions for any of this work!

It is all finesse. Make it fit. Turn around and it will change on you every time you move it.

You can see all of the sharpie marks on my ears.

IMG_2725-M.jpg

The good news is that by using the Sika Flex there is some fudge factor. Just make sure there are no pressure points where aluminum is up against the canopy plexiglass. You can see in the above picture where more trimming is needed (the curve marked in black). It is all going to get covered by fiberglass, so you'll never see it later on.