N316RV

Well Known Member
I put my 1/8? spacer under intersection of the front canopy weldment WD-716 and WD-725 instead of a couple of inches back at the high spot of the side rail at the intersection of the front and side frames. I already have it riveted together and the remainder of the frame drilled and ready to rivet. The only potential issue I see is not having enough room for the weather-strip seal between the side rail and the tip up frame when I am done. There is a little less than 1/16" space at closest point. Anybody else made this mistake? Do I need to need to order some new C-613 doubler plates and redo it? This would cause a problem where the two weldments are riveted together at the top. I have attached a couple of pictures.

Thanks
Alan Jackson
DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

RE:Build on

Alan

I put the spacers in the plans called for location and still ended up with the port side setting closer than an 1/8 to the deck.......I have found that the canopy has it's own agenda and will do what it wants.

Now I know there are those master builders that can get this area near perfect......but build on I believe you will be OK.....IMHO!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... painting VS/Rudder

Ya, mine ended up with 1/8 or abouts on the right side and the left ended up with 3/16 or there abouts. Like said above, the tip up will do what it wants anyway and, unless you want to loose some hair, you just build on and figure out what to do with the gaps after the tipup is done.

Not sure it needs said again, but yes, just build on and worry about the gap later. That's what compressible latex is for! It may well end up with more or less gap than you now have.

greg