rvbruce

I decided to paint my RV8 while I had it in pieces, then do the final assembly. (I don't really want to debate that right now). I chose to use the Stewart water bourn paint system, which has received some unfavorable and unworthy blogs in some forums. I just finished the top coat on the wheel pants and some other small parts. I am using metalic silver for 75% of the airplane and my first attempt came out very nice. A few tips for those considering this system:
1. Follow Doug's advice and techniques "TO THE LETTER".
2. Eliminate quick disconnects wherever you can. Use the "Hi flow/low resistance" disconnects in your paint hose.
3. Follow Doug's advice in the videos.
4. Use the scale method for mixing top coat paint. I bought a small 1000g electronic scale on Ebay for around $30. Consistancy IS important.
5. Don't try to do too much. If you have several small pieces ready to go, start painting and when that first 10 minutes is up, stop adding new parts, and start your second coat on the first piece you sprayed. Finish that batch.
6. If you have an issue, call Doug. He is VERY willing to help you.

Good Luck,

Bruce

Bruce, I'm considering this paint system myself and doing just like you're doing. Please post some pics and some updates along the way for us, would you?

Or do you have a website?

Thanks!