g zero

Well Known Member
You can use the wing inspection hole covers to mix proseal on . After use ,peel of the blue plastic and toss it . And the one that suggested the pre cut 2 inch squares of cloth for clean up , thank you, works great !

Fun

Following Rick G 's method , proseal ,cleco , wait a few days , rivet . Not that bad , but the tanks take a fair amount of time to do neatly and properly .I think I found the answer to the many leaks at the rear baffle that others have had . Will post photos when done along with the results .
Tom

That's how I did mine. I'm not sure that when I removed the clecos that I installed more proseal on the rivets. I do have one rivet weaping.

Fun

I have been removing 4 rivets on each side of the rib at a time , clean the semi dried sealant then scotch brite the dimple , using a .049 welding rod put a little sealant in the hole before installing the "MEK Sterilized Rivets " with a mini needle nose plyer .Time consuming , but still easier than fixing leaks .

You just got me thinking from your last post. I think I was removing the rivets from the MEK as I was installing them. I think I would put a bunch on paper towel and picking them from there. They probably should be thouroughly dried before use, hopefully preventing blisters.

The rivets were placed on a clean cloth after the MEK bath . Riveted the stiffeners in today , put rivets in all the holes , held them in with tape , buttered and installed the stiffeners one at a time , no clecos , worked fine ,very minimal clean up. Slow but steady progress .
Tom