ROTARY7

Well Known Member
Slick tool!

Looked at the tool today at OSH. Very clever. The comment from the venvors at the Cleaveland display was that many potential purchasers asked if the tool used standard "C" yokes............... (pregnant pause)..............

I'm thinking that a change to allow use of your existing standard yokes is forthcoming in the very near future, along with a few other minor changes that will come from a plethora of good ideas from future userss! :)

Pretty cool idea!

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the compliment.

Originally I had wanted to use standard yokes, since there are so many out there. However to properly guide the hydraulic piston in the main body (7075 aluminum, hard coated), and to keep the unit as compact as possible, I chose to make my own variation. Enough people have voiced the same desire to use standard yokes, so I will make a variant that can. This new variant will not be quite as compact or light, but will still be substantially lighter/smaller than a traditional squeezer. The piston will press a separate compression pin, to intentionally sidestep any mating tolerance issues with standard yokes.

I also have an alligator squeezer head in the cad modeling stages, and like you say, other improvements will surely follow.

I see you're in lovely San Diego. I worked for GD Space Systems in their structural design department from '88 to '90. Worked on the Atlas-Centaur rocket. I really enjoyed that period.

Take care.

Riveter System Costs and Shipment Plans

Joe et al,

I am still spooling up in production of these units. Like every product, demand sets the production batch size, whether some parts get farmed out, etc. I have b/t 10 and 50 of many parts, for the assemblies. These are all cnc machined, and many parts require fixtures for the cnc lathe and mill work. I was trying to have 10 beta units ready for sale at OSH but fell short of this goal, due to other prototyping work (DRDT-2 powered head on display).

Here are the PRICES:

C-Squeezer System $875, includes the following:

Model 3300-1 Intensifier w/foot valve
Model 3000-1 Squeezer Head w/ variable compression pin
6' Hydraulic line
3" Standard yoke and shear pins
Removable handle
Bleeding syringe
Operation Manual

Options:

Model 3100-1 Blind Rivet Puller $280

Model 3020-1 Swivel Fitting $95

Fluid Tight QD (Quick Disconnect) $85

Please contact Cleaveland Aircraft Tool if you want to order one. Cleaveland and MDS will stand behind this product 100%, and if you are not fully happy, will refund you money or make it right.

If you have additional questions, you might want to review the MDS website:

http://www.mds-tool.com/

or contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks for your interest.

Hydro-Pneumatic Squeezer Info Page

I finally have an interest page up for the Hydro-Pneumatic Rivet Squeezing (HPRS) system. There is a lot of info and pricing here as well as a form if you would like to be notified as units are available (the first units are on track to ship the first of the month).

The page also shows several videos thanks to the designer Mark Swinford at MDS, and David Oliver at www.hangarworkshop

Check it out here: http://www.cleavelandtool.com/hydropneumatic/

Thanks,
Mike