shuttle

Well Known Member
With FWF fuel line leaks a 'hot' topic today I thought it worth sharing this piece of information.

I am still building my -7 and fitted a cooling shroud on the engine fuel pump a long time ago. Having done so, I was never happy about the fit of the KB-090-T fitting on the outlet side of the pump. The shroud had prevented me getting a good purchase on the nut to tighten the fitting.

A week ago I went back and addressed the issue. I had to take the pump/shroud combo off the engine to do so. The solution is to fit the KB-090-T to the pump/shroud combo BEFORE you install them on the engine. With them off the engine, the shroud can be moved flat against the side of the pump to give the required access to the nut on the fitting. Once the combo is back on the engine, the hoses that connect to the KB-090-T, and the nut on the fuel pump inlet hose, can be easily installed.

Hope this might help save someone some wasted time, or possibly even prevent a potential fuel leak.

Whether or not to use a fuel pump cooling shroud is a separate issue but I'm happy with my decision to give it a try.