hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
Whether you use Voyager, Golden Eagle or other, you may want the superior functionality of a locally installed flight planner while on the "road". I like, for instance, the profile view in Golden Eagle and often modify the plan with reference to it. However, a laptop with all its stuff goes about 10 pounds.

I use "Teamviewer" to support friends and customers remotely. I recently discovered that it comes in a mobile flavor for iPhone, iPad and Android.

You can, thus, use your own computer, PC or Mac or Linux, from a mobile. The security is reasonably good, IMHO, but you have to leave the host side running the program and waiting for a session. It has a 9 digit session ID and a 4 digit password and can be set up to accept inbound connections only from your device (which as you probably know, has a unique machine ID).

I have not tried this extra, but I think it would be easy to email yourself the various printable reports from the planner. At a minimum, you could view them.

I think a iPhone/smartphone is too small for this (works, but sub-optimal) but the iPad should do it very well. I don't have one yet. It works on the iPod Touch 4G if your eyes are good and your finger is pointy.