bobnoffs

Well Known Member
after spending time the past few years looking for the screw i pulled out of the drawer 5 minutes ago, the next drill bit i will use, the part i just filed and deburred etc. i grabbed a 7'' square pyrex brownie pan and put it in the center of my work area. now get into the habit of putting that kind of stuff in the pan instead of constantly retracing my steps in the shop. you 40 yr old guys may not need this yet!

Along the same line ...

A tip I picked up from a smart guy that works in the front half of my hanger, is using muffin tins.

Muffin tins are especially useful when dis-assembling the plane. You can label each muffin hole, which makes it easy to then find the correct fastener during re-assembly.

Tip

I do that too. Not a glass pan though. I have paper bowls for all sorts of stuff like that.

A tip I picked up from a smart guy that works in the front half of my hanger, is using muffin tins.

Muffin tins are especially useful when dis-assembling the plane. You can label each muffin hole, which makes it easy to then find the correct fastener during re-assembly.

I prefer zip loc bags with 3x5 card labels inside...

I've tried those ideas, I keep losing the containers under the pile of stuff on my bench. :)

Gentlemen:

Disappearing tools, small parts, the cleco that was just there, dagnabit--prima facie evidence of parallel universes that ordinary matter from our own visit and return from all the time. :rolleyes: Absolutely nothing to do with Vansheimers and creeping decrepitude....

I say use a muffin tin with an actual muffin (blueberry, banana nut, whatever) in every other hole. Fewer trips to the fridge for snacks! :):) Don't eat the AN3A-7 bolts by mistake.

I say use a muffin tin with an actual muffin (blueberry, banana nut, whatever) in every other hole. Fewer trips to the fridge for snacks! :):) Don't eat the AN3A-7 bolts by mistake.

Problem: One more place you have to look for a lost part.....