Ron B.

Well Known Member
Just recieved my 2", 3M scotchbrite wheels today. I probably spent an hr deburring the 1 1/2" lightening holes in the first flap spar and desided to try something easier. I machined a taper in the 2" wheel and mounted the tapered wheel in a drill. What took me an hr. , now took less than five minutes and did a much nicer finish. And no sore wrist to boot.
It's probably on here (I didn't search) , I doubt I'm the first to try this.
I'm not too pleased with the cork screw arbor as it's bent/ mis-machined, as it wobbles the wheel a lot. At first I thought it was not centered into the wheel, but with the wheel removed the point bounces arround while spinning.
I'll have to check with the supplier.

Later in my build I found the 2" and for me more useful, the 1" wheels. I bought a couple of arbors. I used a small right angle air grinder. The 1" wheels were great. I had 4 small ones and a couple of the 2". I pretty much used them all. Near the end I had to replace one of the screw type arbors because the scotchbrite had worn off the threads.

If you have not tried 3M roloc pads (blue ones) in a right angle grinder, I would highly recommend you give them a test. They are a golden labor savor.

A long time ago someone posted about cutting a small scotchbrite wheel into quarters, and mounting one quarter on a drill (presumably with an arbor), to debur holes.
I have never been able to find the post.
John

If you have not tried 3M roloc pads (blue ones) in a right angle grinder, I would highly recommend you give them a test. They are a golden labor savor.

Do you have an 3M part number for these gems? I wanna get some!