apatti

Well Known Member
I read in past posts where someone used black toner powder from a printer cartridge to tint epoxy black. Does this degrade the strength of the epoxy? Are there other things readily available that can be used to safely tint epoxy? I do plan on getting some of the "real stuff" from Aircraft Spruce (probably this weekend). But, I have some time today and tomorrow to work on the plane and would rather not wait.

Thanks,

I read in past posts where someone used black toner powder from a printer cartridge to tint epoxy black. Does this degrade the strength of the epoxy? Are there other things readily available that can be used to safely tint epoxy? I do plan on getting some of the "real stuff" from Aircraft Spruce (probably this weekend). But, I have some time today and tomorrow to work on the plane and would rather not wait.

Thanks,

West Systems sells white and black tints for their line of epoxys. I've seen them in stock at our local West Marine store.

tap plastics

tap plastics sells a whole spectrum of epoxy dye colors in small quantities... i bought a 1oz bottle of black opaque for 3.65.

I tested some black toner and it did not work well at all, darkest color I could get was a grey. The epoxy dye I got from ACS worked very well.