Paul Eastham

Well Known Member
I haven't been able to find any basic info on tinnerman washers anywhere!

I could guess the answers to these questions, but I wonder what the VAF experts have to say: When should you use them? What are they good at? bad at? Countersink/installation tips?

I was looking at my emp fairing (#6 screws) and was thinking the thin material and countersink that will enlarge the hole might be a good use for 'em.

I used them on the prop spinner and the emp fairing. Anytime you are putting a screw into the outside surface of the fiberglass, it makes for good reinforcement. If that surface is overlapped by AL, like the wing tips, it isn't necessary.

Roberta

Tinneman washers, go to

Go to www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com
Using the menu on the left choose
Washers,
Countersunk Large Area

From there you can click on the text "Countersunk Large Area" and see what's in the webstore.

or you can click on the little wrench that say's TechInfo and download a pdf showing what is normally available.

Hint, the more you order at one time the better the prices get. :) You may have to put in so many dollars worth to see it, but the prices will drop, this will apply to the entire cart, even to the first item you put in.

If you have any trouble call 888-247-2738 and we will take your order over the phone.

If you place a order for $75.00 or more (using the webstore) you get free ups ground in the lower 48, or free mail to Alaska and Hawaii.

see http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/freeship.asp

Get em in the sky!

Tom, Pres. GAHco.