HotDoc

I'm New Here
Hello everyone,

we have a sweet RV-7 w Aerosports IO 375 w dual Pmags/EI commander and a Hartz CS-Prop. Seems to run fine (14 hrs logged) so far, ecept for one thing: Without anyone fiddling on the setup, timing usually shifts up to 39? in flight with the CHT raising (not dangerously) We're kind of irritated here. Can anyone comment on that topic? Is it safe to continue operation?:confused:

Thanks,

HotDoc

It depends on your setup. Are you running the Emags with the jumper in or out? With it out, I believe it will allow timing "up to" 39 degrees BTDC. If the jumper is in it allows less advance. I wouldn't keep flying until you fully understand what it is supposed to do. If it is not doing what it is supposed to do then uncommanded timing shifts can be very destructive to the engine:eek: Make sure the mag clamps are secure. If so, talk to the guys at EMag. It also sounds like you may be running EI Commander or something if you can see the timing, so talk to them too. Runaway timing can be very destructive to an engine. Or you could simply not understand if it is working correctly...you need to find out from the manufacturers.

It sounds like the system is working as designed. With low MP (20 in or so) advance should go to 39* unless you have installed the jumper then it should be about 5* less. Slight increase in CHT is also to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator: