Tom Martin

Well Known Member
If you are interested in participating in the Sport Aircraft Racing League, SARL, this year, or vicariously following the exploits of others, it is time to apply for membership for the 2011 season.
This league is growing exponentially and there are currently 19 scheduled races for the coming season. Most pilots will find be able to find a race within one fuel stop from home! Follow this link for the most fun you can have with your airplane http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...UB98pJq06MJJT9i8KGS06GgES-Tj5r-ppZebvuCpz_Pg=

How crazy would it be to host a SARL race, when I've never even been to one?

Some friends and I were talking about having a fly-in, but we would like to have something besides the normal pancake BF. I mentioned the SARL races combined with a BBQ in Big Sky Country. But I'm not sure of the terrain requirements. weather issues, etc.

Race Host

If you want to try out a race or see one maybe the Great Northwest Air Race in Wennatchie, Wa. is not too far. If you want to host one, go on the website www.sportairrace.org and check out the link for hosting a race.

Chris M
Tennessee Valley Air Race and Speed Dash

Thanks Chris, I looked for a link earlier but no luck....digging deeper I found "the Course" page. I plan on going to Wenatchee in June to at least check it out....ok I'll probably enter. :eek:

Brian,

I'll sure come to your race! :D

I think Tim Bovee, who hosts the Wenatchee race, may have not been in (or to) a SARL race before he hosted his first. Not sure, but I don't think so. He did a great job, and it was a fun race.

Mike Thompson will help you in many ways, and if you need a psuedo-local hand, I'd be happy to help too.

More western SARL races would be a very good thing! That way we can see if them Texas boys are really serious about getting to races for the fun and the points! :p

Happy to chat with you about it any time, and looking forward to seeing you in Wenatchee!

As for Tom's post, y'all c'mon out...its a great time! As Tom mentioned, there are more races than ever this year, at a wider variety of locations across the country. Its good, down-home fun. Professional but not too intense...a great time, and a good test of man (or woman) and machine!

Cheers,
Bob
Race 43