JimMac

I have 2 questions:
1. If I prime my RV-12 interior with SW GBP-988 and I'm happy with the color, is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it that way with no further painting?
2. If I prime my RV-12 interior with SW GBP-988, do I need to apply a final top color coat within any particular time?

I have 2 questions:
1. If I prime my RV-12 interior with SW GBP-988 and I'm happy with the color, is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it that way with no further painting?
2. If I prime my RV-12 interior with SW GBP-988, do I need to apply a final top color coat within any particular time?

1. Many (but not necessarily all) primers are more prone to staining / discoloration than finish paint surfaces. I am not familiar with SW GBP-988, so I can't comment on it specifically.

2. Most primer coatings recommend a max. time to top coat to assure good cross linking between the coatings (prevent delamination of the paint coating).
This is particularly important with catylized / epoxy type primers.
Since this is a single part aerosol spray it may not be as much of an issue. See if you can get specs from Sherwin Williams.

I painted my interior with shaker cans of Rustoleum grey after roughing the surface with Scotchbrite. Then I sprayed clear satin over it. Looks great and there have been no bonding problems.