Ron B.

Well Known Member
We have an RV-10 all painted including wheel pants ready for the sky. We've had our transition training last week and are ready to go. So what's our problem? In early May we placed an order for seat belts. We wanted gray and were advised at order time that it would be a couple weeks delay for stock to arrive. A week later a call advised that the fabric manufacturer had a production problem and it would be the end of June, so we went with black. On may 19 we were given a tracking # and I began the tracking process we all do to get an item we are waiting for. On May 23 it indicates they are in Mississauga Ont. waiting for custom clearance and that is where the status stayed until yesterday. Two weeks ago I had the supplier put a trace on them without much more information coming in. Yesterday, now that a month has passed, I was able to contact Border services in Mississauga only to find out they have no record of my order. It was never recieved nor was any paperwork. The supplier called today and said UPS would not accept the new shipment with the postal code and address as they did not match. My original order had the wrong postal code. Tonight I tried once again to track the order and a full page came up on numerour tries to deliver in Great Britain. We now know the rest of the story.
Hopefully the new order will arrive early next week and we can schedule a final inspection for the weekend.
I did not mention the supplier as I had intended to write a post bragging them up as they agreed to re make our order before we found out they put the wrong postal code. I'm not dissapionted with them as anyone can make a mistake and they have been nothing but the best thru all this.
Ron