Jetguy

Well Known Member
Can you rent Tie downs for a week in the experimental parking section at OSH? We have limited space in the RV12 and wish to lighten the load every chance we get. Couldn't find the info on the Airventure web site. Thanks for you help!:D

We used to have them at the Showplane registration on the flightline, but that building is no longer there. Maybe Jeff Point can chime in about that. I'm sure they have relocated those tiedowns, but where, I don't know.

Roberta

If you fly in when the grounds are open you can buy some from the vendors there. Try AFS in the hangars or there were some in the flymart area.

rent or own

EAA chapter 444 makes tie downs and sells them in the north forty. We used them for years with the jabirus and lightnings. They work great in the hard soil in Oshkosh. You can get them from their building just north and west of the war bird area. I think it is thirty dollars and if you return them you get ten dollars back. They will even let you borrow a big hammer to drive them into the hard ground( if it is dry ground you are gonna need it)

Tie Downs

Tie down rings, stakes, and ropes should be essential equipment IN every plane, just like pitot tube cover and mini chocks. If you make an unscheduled stop at some airport along the way with an incoming storm, you would want to tie down!! Many airports do not have tie down spots or if they do they don't have ropes/chains. And don't buy/bring those twurly dog chain screw in type stakes, they often cannot be screwed into dry hard packed ground and sometimes breakoff, leaving an exposed sharp stake for others to taxi over.

Last edited: