WingedFrog

Well Known Member
I ordered 3 eyebolts from VANs, was able to screw one on the tailcone but for the wings, the holes are too small. I assume I will have to enlarge these holes but I prefer to get a confirmation here before I do it.
Thanks

Sorry, I was not clear enough - I meant the holes in the wing skins are too small. The bolts are threaded all right.

JP, I don't know how big the hole in the wing skin is, but can you form a short right angle bend in a piece of safety wire and snake it into the (supposedly) threaded bracket? If so, then lightly pull down on the safety wire and see if you can feel the threaded bracket.

Terry and I flew over to KLHZ this morning to perform a Tech Counselor inspection on Chuck B's Piet. We did not see you there.

And here is the hearty congratulations for the newly issued Airworthyness Inspection.

Sorry, I was not clear enough - I meant the holes in the wing skins are too small. The bolts are threaded all right.

I forgot to drill out one on my right wing.....just use a step drill (and be careful not to ding up the threads on tie-down blocks under neath).

Terry and I flew over to KLHZ this morning to perform a Tech Counselor inspection on Chuck B's Piet. We did not see you there.

A

You guys got all the fun, Chuck's wood work on his Piet is so meticulous that he could counsel the counselor! I had enough of LHZ for the week as you can guess :)

I ordered 3 eyebolts from VANs, was able to screw one on the tailcone but for the wings, the holes are too small. I assume I will have to enlarge these holes but I prefer to get a confirmation here before I do it.
Thanks

I'm guessing these eye-bolts are one of the few items NOT included with the kit, correct? I'm not to the point of needing mine (digging for mine) as of yet.

Thanks!

You can buy the eye bolts at Home Depot. Make sure you get stainless steel with a continuous ring without a gap. That way there is no chance of wind forces straightening the ring.