Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
Movie trailer here.

http://thunderoverreno.com/index2.html

Looks like we will have to endure some dumb story to get to the planes but what the heck. I'm still excited about this coming out. I remember waiting for the movie about Pearl Harbor to come out a few years ago and it turned out to be a love story??? From the sounds of this it is going to be the same.

Blue skies,

Last edited:
The movie

Anything with planes is worth watching. At osh this year they recreated a reno race as a promo to this movie and two of the planes ended up crashing, one fatal. Apparently those planes were all actual planes used in this movie. Watching the trailer i believe thats true. Unfortunate that two of these planes are no longer with us and a pilot had to lose his life. Hopefully the movie will be good.

At osh this year they recreated a reno race as a promo to this movie and two of the planes ended up crashing, one fatal. Apparently those planes were all actual planes used in this movie.

They've done the simulated "Reno" air race at Osh for years. I don't think it was meant as a promo for a movie, but rather a promo for the Reno air races itself.

I was at the premiere in Reno this year for the movie where they showed us a "rushed version". The inflight cinematography is excellent. While I wouldn't match it up to the photography in 16 Right, they did a **** of a job. The story and acting, as many have guessed, leaves much to be desired. I think the best actor in the movie was actually Ron Buccarelli, who owns and flies the modified P-51 "Precious Metal."

A valiant effort by folks who I've been told never have done a movie before , and I'm sure it will become a cult film for hard-core air race fans.

Chris

Well Shoot I Liked It!

Jeff Linbaugh recommended it somewhere. I looked it up and ordered it before I saw several very negative comments about it. I'm a simple guy so maybe that is why I liked it. I saw the Corsair at the museum in Fargo, ND but I never saw it fly. I did see Steve Hinton fly a Super Corsair at Reno in the 80s. It and several others looked great in the movie but the F7F Tiger Cat was awesome. The head on shots in flight make the narrow fuselage look perfect. If you are looking for a classic ... I don't know, it worked for me.

Bob Axsom

I bought it for the Reno footage and it has that but that's it. The movie and acting is terrible in my opinion. Too bad too because the air races are the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. I've already got my tickets for this year.

They are working on a documentary movie about Jon Sharp and the NXT that looks awesome.

Check out the trailer at...

www.ChristopherWebbFilms.com