Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
I was pulling a wire tie when my hand slipped and I ended up tearing my thumb nail back about 1/4 of an inch. I got the bleeding (and magic language) stopped, wrapped a band-aid on it and kept on with the wiring job. The band-aid kept falling off and I snagged the thing every five minutes exacerbating the injury. I recalled from somewhere, that if you mix crazy glue and baking soda it creates a mixture that instantly cures like cement and is tough as nails (no pun intended)
I mixed up a bit and touched up my thumb nail. It's been holding up good as new for a few days now. I think it will work for toe nails to. :D

thumbxqog.jpg

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic RV builder. Paul Tuttle will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

I remember this mixture as a hint, somewhere. It was used in wood propeller leadind edge nick repair.

We have been using baking soda and CA in modeling for along time. I wouldn't use it on a propellor as it dries hard as concrete and doesn't sand. It is possible to make a good fillet using this same technique. Place soda in corner and wipe with finger. Place thin CA from one end of the fillet and let it run the length of the fillet.

You are funny!

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic RV builder. Paul Tuttle will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

You are funny!
By the way, Where is Hobbs ?;)

Be careful here, using baking soda speeds the cure of the CA greatly, and generates a lot of heat:eek:

Sand

At least sand and blend with the rest of the nail:D:D

Funny side story. Many years ago there was thief robbing "Stop and Rob," stores in an interesting manner, in the Phoenix area. He would come in, put thick CA glue on the counter the have the clerk hold up their hands. The suspect would then spray the hands with CA accelerator and push their hands into the glue. Instant bond!! Also generates lots of heat.

Don't know if he was ever caught. I figured he had to be model plane guy.