szicree

Well Known Member
I've got the standard issue Vans throttle quadrant with little painted wooden knobs, and a similar knob made of plastic on my canopy latch. Does anybody know where to find something a little more "aircrafty" that would fit? Maybe colored anodized alum?

Last edited:
DJM Mfg

Check out Dayton Murdock's DJM Mfg. quadrants. They have gorgeous machined aluminum knobs, the quadrant is black anodized and engraved/labelled, and it's a much higher quality setup (imho) than the other varieties that Van's sells.

I haven't finished my write-up quite yet, but I'm working on it -- at least here are some photos of my recent installation (swap-out) of a DJM Mfg. quadrant:

http://www.rvproject.com/djm.html

Dan,
I've seen those quadrants before and they are quite nice. At this stage of the project though I'm trying to control spending when possible. By the way, in your picture it looks like your original quadrant has plastic knobs. Mine are wood and look like something from my old Lincoln Log set.

szicree said:
Dan,
I've seen those quadrants before and they are quite nice. At this stage of the project though I'm trying to control spending when possible. By the way, in your picture it looks like your original quadrant has plastic knobs. Mine are wood and look like something from my old Lincoln Log set.

The old one had wood knobs. I painted the prop knob blue (it had been black).

Djm

Dayton of DJM is a good friend of mine. He is building a RV-4 and doing an outstanding job if I may say so. I would recommend changing out your quadrant completely. His quadrant is high quality and looks as good as it works. Well worth money. Just a thought.

As far as the latch knob goes, send him an e-mail and ask him about it. Very nice guy.

Bill Abbott
N-7BA left wing done

ww2planes said:
Dayton of DJM is a good friend of mine. He is building a RV-4 and doing an outstanding job if I may say so. I would recommend changing out your quadrant completely. His quadrant is high quality and looks as good as it works. Well worth money. Just a thought.

As far as the latch knob goes, send him an e-mail and ask him about it. Very nice guy.

Bill Abbott
N-7BA left wing done
Ditto on going with one of Dayon's quadrants. I bought one for my -9 and have been working on the panel, electrical, etc. and everyone who has looked at the quadrant is very impressed by the quality of the thing. My Tech Advisor is even thinking of adding one to his -6A.

Spend the money, it will make for a much more enjoyable airplane!

szicree said:
Is there something wrong with Van's quadrant?
I've only flown with them a few times and cann't comment; however, throttle quadrants are much nicer and have more of a big plane feel, IMHO.

And this just looks sooooo cool.