Dean

I am looking for a nice 3 lever throttle quadrant for my RV-7A. Infinity Aerospace does not have theirs available yet. What else is out there. I wanted a unit that mounts under the panel (not the push/pull through the panel). I am looking for suggestions and vendor websites. Thanks, Dean

ACC

Here's one from Aircraft Spruce. I belive it is a Dayton Murdock unit which is who makes the duluxe RV-8 throttle quadrants for Vans.

cmct32quad.jpg

I have one I don't need

Hi,
I have the 3 lever throttle quadrant shown in the earlier post.
Air Craft Spruce P/N 05-00701 * $210.95 (current list) CMCT3L

Went a different way (engine, prop, etc)

I'll let it go for $185 (shipping included)

Dave Cordner

Throttle quadrant/attachment

How to attach? Well this is experimental right? You decide.

I had planned to use 3/4" angle to build a little frame. I have the affordable panel (XL) which has 3/4" angle at it's base. I cut off the sub panel bottom flange added 3/4" angle to the sub-panel bottom for extra support (decided this after the quadrant was out of the picture). So if I was still going to use the 3 lever, I would run 3/4" angles down both sides and have a nice rigid setup.

Some of the push/pull control setups I've seen and flown in (RV6 & 7's) are a little too loose/flexible for my satisfaction.

I'm sure if you surf around and look at other folks projects, you will see multiple solutions.

Dave

Wow, Infinity Aerospace quadrant early (order) price $1000

I just looked (was curious) at Infinity Aerospace web site. Apparently they are taking early orders. Their center mounted quadrant looks like it requires a console between the seats. Loaded CAD ISO views pdf file to see.

Looks like you probably have much more ambitious requirements/objectives than mine.

The quadrant I have is KISS and not bad looking either. With frame between instrument panel, and the forward sub panel would make a nice ridged setup.

Good luck in your project

Dean - I just ordered one of these from Andair.

9puhsm.jpg

Here is the link to their site: http://www.andair.co.uk/pages/quadrants.shtml

I like this design and the flap switches on the throttle! Also, I believe it will be very smooth because there is no metal on metal contact as with some other throttles that have been mentioned here. (I tried on of those)

Infinity has a good idea but I'm not sure I want ALL that stuff on my throttle. This seems just about right and Andair has a super reputation for producing very high quality products. I'll post an update as soon as I have it.

- Peter

I just looked at my own link above and notice that they have taken the price down. I paid $361 U.S. Dollars (£245 British Pounds) for this last week. It seemed VERY reasonable for this piece including the switches.

It's worth a look.

- Peter

Last edited: