Scott Will

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed a throttle quadrant in the center of the panel? If so, what cable lengths did you use for throttle and mixture? Mine engine is IO-360 with Precision Airmotive Injection. The lengths should be pretty close to each other.

Here's a pic of where mine is at.

img_7558.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what your particular length cable will be, but it will be the same length if you were using vernier controls. I did a quadrant and had Vans send me the equivilant length in the custom quadrant cables (CT Q-Custom). These cables are measured by the cable housing and not by overall length. You will also need 2 or 3 clevises # F-453A to attach the cables to the quadrant.

In my case, I was using the standard 0-360 A1A with C/S prop, so the correct cables for me were in the FWF kit supplied by Van's. Again, I just asked for the CT Q Custom cables in the called out lengths for the vernier cables in the FWF kit.

Hope this helps,

Roberta

Last edited:
throttle quadrant length adjustment

Folks, I am trying to adjust my three lever RV8 throttle quadrant and I cannot obtain maximum swing on the throttle or mixture controls. I have tried to adjust but it seems the cables are to long. Am I missing something? I have Vans firewall forward kit and a Mattituck TMX-0-360.