Jeff R

Well Known Member
I attempted to route and pre-connect the throttle and mixture cables today for my RV-9A with an XIO-320 engine with the Precision Airmotive injector body (all from Vans) and the supplied cables were way too short, by at least 6" and probably 8". Anyone else run these cables with this engine/injector who can give me a sanity check before I order new cables?

I attempted to route and pre-connect the throttle and mixture cables today for my RV-9A with an XIO-320 engine with the Precision Airmotive injector body (all from Vans) and the supplied cables were way too short, by at least 6" and probably 8". Anyone else run these cables with this engine/injector who can give me a sanity check before I order new cables?

I have the 9A with the YIO320D1A from Vans. My cables are installed. Cables with the firewall fwd kit are adequate. I think they are the longer cables that Vans sells. Check that your cable length is correct. Routing of the mixture cable through the firewall was a guess because the location identified in the plans is for the IO-360 engine. I used the approximate firewall location as for the carburetor.

Dan

Control Cable lengths

I ran into similar problems with my -9A; IO-320 installation. Prop cable was OK, but I had to exchange the mixture cable that came with my FWF kit with the longest one that Van's carries (51.5"), and had to special order an even longer Throttle cable from Aircraft Spruce, that cost twice as much and was NOT returnable!

The problems arose from installing the controls IN the PANEL rather than the under panel F-746. That alone pulled the cables Aft by several inches. There are numerous variations that can result in the cables with the FWF kit to not be "optimum" length.