bkc3921

Well Known Member
I have a TMX-IO-360 Vertical w/Precision Silverhawk. Using the Vans VA-182 bracket. I cannot locate the hardware callout for the cable to servo connections..(no OP-22), and seem to be getting more confused. Couple of questions. Is the FF-702 spacer used in the Fuel Injected install?..Cables appear lined up, just wondered if it was optional. Also, is the FF704 mixture bushing used in the FI install? One more: One of the plans I have shows a steel nut on the AN3 bolt, but I have heard the OP22 calls for a castle nut/cotter pin for the FI. If someone could help me on this I would appreciate it!..Also, if anyone has an OP-22 they could e-mail ([email protected]) that might also help. Thanks in advance.

I will try to help

First, do a quick search for Vertical Induction. There is a lot of discussion in prior posts on the different challenges and solutions.

I did not need the spacer. I think you will find some do, some don't, but I am not sure why.

I use the steel lock nuts per plans but many opt for the castle nuts on the linkage.
Make sure you use the correct type and sequence of washers regardless.

I had to modify my bracket as I chose to reverse the mixture control on the servo. You don't need to modify the bracket if you keep the standard rotation. You will probably need the offset arm to clear the airbox and you might need to form a bubble into the cowling for mixture arm clearance.

Those are some of the common issues.

I have a TMX-IO-360 Vertical w/Precision Silverhawk. Using the Vans VA-182 bracket. I cannot locate the hardware callout for the cable to servo connections..(no OP-22), and seem to be getting more confused. Couple of questions. Is the FF-702 spacer used in the Fuel Injected install?..Cables appear lined up, just wondered if it was optional. Also, is the FF704 mixture bushing used in the FI install? One more: One of the plans I have shows a steel nut on the AN3 bolt, but I have heard the OP22 calls for a castle nut/cotter pin for the FI. If someone could help me on this I would appreciate it!..Also, if anyone has an OP-22 they could e-mail ([email protected]) that might also help. Thanks in advance.

I have the same setup. I installed the spacer on the mixture arm but took it off because I thought it made the mixture cable attach mechanism too close to the side of the cowling scoop.

I don't have OP-22 here at home with me but I'll try to stop at the hangar on the way to work, find it and email it. I also used the Van's control cable "kit" (it was something like $5).

Both doi, indeed, use a bolt with a castle nut and cotter pin, and a rod end bearing surrounded by larger washers.