Danny Holder

I'm New Here
I am installing my throttle cables on my RV 7 with 0-320. The cable is long enough but the travel is only about 2 inches where it should be longer. Any ideas? Thanks

I am installing my throttle cables on my RV 7 with 0-320. The cable is long enough but the travel is only about 2 inches where it should be longer. Any ideas? Thanks
Had the same problem with the vans throttle cable for my -4. The throw was only 2-1/8 inches. You had to use the upper most hole on the carburetor arm which is not ideal - this gave me about a 2 inch movement of the throttle - difficult for fine adjustments. To attach to the middle hole on the carb you need 2-3/8 throw from the cable to get full throw on the throttle quadrant. Looked at several ways to get around this, like welding the carb arm middle hole closed and relocating it up 3/16 inches. End the end I went with the KISS method; ordered a correct cable from Spruce. Its part no. A-1550. 10-32 threaded ends, bulkhead fittings, max throw is 3-3/8 inches. Its a custom order part, maybe 4 weeks to get one. Good Luck.