rwarre

Well Known Member
Having trouble getting the throttle cable routed to the carburetor lever. See Picture. The engine mount tube interferes with the bracket attach hole for the throttle cable. Suggestions on a fix needed. Thanks
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

The cynical reply would be to cut off the training wheel at the front and stick a little one on at the back :D

I suspect the answer lies in the throttle "arm". If you could get one without the "kink" in it, that might solve the problem? We replaced our arm with another with a shorter "throw", so there are different ones out there (and not cheap!).

Whilst you could use a long bolt, I would not want the cable bearing and the arm separated my much in the way of spacer(s)...

Throttle Arm

If your problem is the arm is too long, I have a short arm you are welcome to try. Send me a PM. Walt ....

The cynical reply would be to cut off the training wheel at the front and stick a little one on at the back :D

The title of this post, has to do with help in solving a problem. When the wheel was placed up front, it also solved a whole lot of problems. That's why most wheels are up front these days. Not for training, but for problem solving and being practical... :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Looks like the bracket is not make to clear the nosewheel brace.

Check with Vans, see if this is the correct unit for the setup you have.

Looks like the bracket is not make to clear the nosewheel brace.

Check with Vans, see if this is the correct unit for the setup you have.

My quick review of Vans web store did not differentiate between the -6 and the -6A. Your bracket just does not "look right" for some reason, and I believe that Mike is correct that you have the wrong bracket. I would question if there is a difference between the brackets for the O and IO series?
I am going to the hangar in a few minutes and will look at my bracket (-6 with O-360) and see if there is a notable difference.
Good Luck

<<Suggestions on a fix needed>>

Buy a sheet of 4130 and make a bracket.

Sure looks familiar...

Boy, that arm sure looks like the ones on the AFP servo units. Give Don at Airflow Performance a call and see if they are interchangeable. If they are, I've got one with a 1/2" offset which has both a 1-1/2" and 2" length that's yours for the asking.

Last edited:
Problem fixed

Have a friend who had some ideas about fabricating a new bracket and after several different designs, I came up with something that will work. I'll post a picture after the new bracket is finished.

Have a friend who had some ideas about fabricating a new bracket and after several different designs, I came up with something that will work. I'll post a picture after the new bracket is finished.

FWIW...I looked at the bracket on my RV-6 tonight and it is very much different than the one on your plane. Mine is much narrower and is bolted on by only the aft carburetor mounting bolts. If you need a picture, let me know and I will email one to you. My plane is a -6 (with the earlier stated unpractical aft mounted wheel), so I am not sure if I can really help, but let me know

Last edited: