gfr56md

I am looking for advice on the placement of the throttle cable on a cold sump ECI engine with a AWI 4-1 exhaust.

Jerry
(RV-8)

pix

I have the exact same setup. Here's what I did. The only custom bracket was the one to support the throttle cable to the plenum.

Thanks

Are you flying with this Throttle cable configuration? I am wondering about heat effecting the cable.
Jerry

Nope, not flying yet. We'll see. It's not quite as close as it looks in the picture.
Neither is it in my non-flying RV-8 either. But anticipating a potential long term issue, I added a heat shield anyway as cheap insurance figuring doing so certainly can't hurt a doggone thing. Judgment call.

91e8hf.jpg

The part that's closest is the rod-end fitting with the plastic sleeve and the rubber boot. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough room for a heat shield. How far off the exhaust tube does the shield stand? If it's less than 1/2" it might work.

Maybe you could run it to the inside of the lever?

Curiousity question; does the ECI cold sump locate the TB below the crank centerline, or offset to port like the standard Lyc horizontal IO sump?

Dan: You're a genius!! I don't know why I didn't see that. Gave me enough room I might be able to get a shield in there.

To answer your question about the TB. It's on center.