Danny King

Well Known Member
Guys,

Does anyone make a bracket to hold the throttle cable on the new Superior metal sump? I think it would be the same as one that would work on the plastic sump. Van's horizontal induction bracket only fits the Lycoming or Lycoming clone sump. I don't want to make it from scratch like I did on the Doll way back when!
Help!

Danny,
When I last spoke to superior they said we had to make it ourselves. I did and it is actually a quick job. Used some stainless plate.

EJ,
What servo are you using? Any pictures of your bracket? My Superior is enroute and I should receive it this week. Did you use the bellcrank assembly on the mixture?

Throttle Bracket Mod

Hey Danny, An RVr named Jerry designed this bracket a long time ago and many have copied it. It is shown with the basic measurements on this Superior Yahoo group. Good luck, Jerry saved us all a lot of planning. Larry

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/XP-360Forum/photos/browse/2b36

Thanks Larry, but in hindsight I think that 90 deg bend should have more radius on it. Mine has about 60 hrs. and no issues but I will make another one with proper radius.
This bracket is critical since if it has a problem engine can go to idle, so good to inspect whenever cowl is off.

Jerry

Bracket

There are three here at DVT using your design. I just looked at one of them 2 weeks ago with 250 hrs on it and it was good to go. It was made out of .050 4130. Larry

Mixture bellcrank

Just wanted to add for those using the mixture bellcrank. At first look it appears that it will not work under the bottom of the sump flange as designed. It will if you decide to remove the pipe plug and machine it so it is flush with the square boss, then remove about another 1/4 in from the bellcrank bracket. It looks like it might be too weak but it works out very well. Was going to weld a gusset for reinforcement but my welding friend agreed that it would be a waste of time. No, I will not pay for it if you ruin it!! :) Larry

I'm still working on my Superior IO-360 install. I've rotated my Silver Hawk servo 90 degrees CCW looking from the front of the engine which places the mixture on the top and the throttle on the bottom. I initially made some brackets from aluminum and later 063 steel. I asked Precision for a new throttle lever (straight arm) which they are swapping with me. I have full throw on both throttle and mixture, no bellcrank and great clearance on the exhaust system. The cables will run through the firewall recess not yet installed which made the install much easier. The throttle on the right and the mixture on the left. I used a 50.5" throttle cable and need to replace the 50.5" mixture with a 72" cable.

Rocky