Lionclaw

Well Known Member
I need help figuring out what to do for a throttle/mixture bracket on my H2AD. I've seen some pictures of a heavily modified and welded Van's bracket, but I'm hoping for something less involved.

I have the original Cessna bracket, but it is missing some parts. I found 76' c172 parts/maint manuals, but they don't appear to have any good diagrams showing closeups of the bracket.

Does anyone know what pieces I'm missing, or where to get a diagram showing everything on the Cessna bracket? Any recommendations for salvage yards where I could find the pieces for cheap?

Thanks!

throttle.jpg

The tab with one hole gets a clamp to support the cable. The tab with two holes uses a device like what is pictured in the link below to clamp the cable to the brace and also to prevent it form being able to slide for and aft where it attaches to the brace.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayPopup?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&productId=745775&itemId=22670&langId=-1&showValue=1
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Not sure you made a bracket yet. Mine I laid out with sheet metal and tin tape... then folded it flat. scribed and trimed out on to chrome molly sheet stock. Generously bent rads to make the 90 degrees and welded the corners together...with the stock Vans AC mixture and thrittle cable lengths....a couple snap shots are here:

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg