rv9aviator

Well Known Member
How did you arrange the items that go in the small panel that holds the throttle and mixture and what other switches if any did you put in that space? I am planning on putting the start button on the far left side, the throttle next, then the carb heat, and the mixture on the far right. The fuel pump will be in the main panel just above the throttle. I want to be able to push the starter button and still have my hand on the throttle. The master switch will still be on the left side of the main panel. This will keep my left hand on the stick. Thanks

I prefer having the starter for my left hand. That way, I can quickly make throttle adjustments as needed......as the engine comes to life. The stick is just held between my legs, to hold it in place.

I have electric flaps. The flap switch is close to the throttle, which allows it's use while my hand is on the throttle.

L.Adamson ---- RV6A

Jim,

I love what we did with Mikey's panel (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=24139&highlight=Mikey&page=8, posts 75 & 89). We used a lower panel made of a "Z" piece of aluminum (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=22338&highlight=hobby). From left to right, we have master-alternator-fuel pump-then various light switches. Then, rudder trim and flap switches. In the center (again left to right) are the carb heat-throttle-prop-mixture-cabin heat controls. On the right are various breakers. Of course, the general idea wasn't ours but stolen from someone at LOE '07. But, I'm completely happy with how it worked out.

From left to right, I put Alt Air, Throttle, Mixture and Cabin Heat. Flap Switch is above the Throttle. Start Switch is on the left of the panel and stick can be held between the legs as stated previously.

Larry

Thanks for the info. I am still trying to decide about the start button. It might be best to leave it on the left side close to the master and mag switches as that might be more what I'm used to.