rv9aviator

Well Known Member
From what I can tell on an RV-7 or 9 the throttle and mixture cables attach to the sub panel using adle clamps then do they drop down under the rudder tubes before going into the firewall? I am using the firewall location Van's recommends on the lower part of the firewall for my 0-320. Looks like they will be visible and not too attractive hanging there. I tried routing them over the rudder tubes but I think the cables will be too short.
Thanks

Yep, that's correct....

...and they will be visible but after a while, you just won't pay them any attention:)

Best,

Look at plans

Jim,

Double check the plans to make sure the engine control bracket is not flush with the panel or your cables could end up being too short. I had mine flush originally until I read another post talking about that very thing. Mine are setup according to view Sect A-A on DWG 24 now.

I went out and checked the bracket on the subpanel and it is where it belongs. So am I right in the the cables go under the rubber tubes? Just want to make sure.

Mine go down aft and then underneath

Jim,

I looked at mine when I got home from work last night. Mine go down directly forward of the adel clamps and down aft and underneath the rudder tubes to get to the firewall. When you are routing your cables don't forget they need to go through the bushings in the fuel pump access plate (F-928E) as well as your carb heat cable if you are routing them according to the plans. Figure 34A for sliders.

If you have Vans firewall forward plans look to see where you have to drill a hole for the cabin heat cable to pass through on the F-601N-R stiffner on the firewall before you get the center cabin cover (F-982C) on for the last time.

I'm not remembering these part numbers by heart - I have another build manual at work to reference.