apatti

Well Known Member
All,
Do any of the normal stores (Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Lowe's, Sears, etc.) stock threaded drill bits. I need a #19 threaded drill bit for my right angle drill and hate to place such a small order like that with Avery or AS.

Thanks,

I asked once @ Lowes and they looked at me like I was crazy... the guy had never heard of those before.

Threaded bits

Look in the phone book for industrial supply companies; they will stock stuff like this, but may not carry a #19. I'd call first; besides, then you won't be needlessly tempted by all the other neat stuff they carry. Don't ask me how I know.

Tony:
Call Brian Jones at Production Tool. He is really close to you as he is by the Middle GA Regional (just north of Warner Robbins AFB). He has drill bits and all the aircraft tooling anyone could want! Tell him I sent you. Contact info is:
Brian Jones
Production Tool & Technology
8410 Feagin Road
Macon GA 31216
478-781-8415

Les

NAS965 DRILLS

apatti said:
All,
Do any of the normal stores (Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Lowe's, Sears, etc.) stock threaded drill bits. I need a #19 threaded drill bit for my right angle drill and hate to place such a small order like that with Avery or AS.

Thanks,

Sorry, closest we have are the #20 and 21's :(

I know most threaded drills are 1/4-28 thread but, has anybody ever seen any with 5/16-24 thread?

I'm pretty darned sure I saw threaded drill bits at Northern Tool. Not as short as the ones I got from ATS but in a pinch........

Thanks to all

Les,
I called Production Tool today. Brian wasn't there. However, I plan to drop by there tomorrow. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

Robert,
There is a Northern Tool right across the street from where I work. I will also go by there tomorrow.

Thanks again to all who replied.

Bigger is better?

KTM520guy said:
I know most threaded drills are 1/4-28 thread but, has anybody ever seen any with 5/16-24 thread?

I have seen them in pictures a long long time ago.

Try finding a drill for one!
:eek:

Tony:
If you can't find Brian, get his Dad: Bill Jones. I've worked with Bill since 1983 and you won't find a more knowledgable person around about aircraft tooling -- A great guy!

Thanks!

Les,
Thanks for the contact. I visited Brian today and he fixed me up. It is nice to know I have a local source for such things.

For the record, I didn't find any threaded drill bits at either Harbor Freight or Northern Tool.