FlyGuy65

Well Known Member
Any great ideas for organizing threaded drill bits? Seen a few magnetic base hex bit holders, but nothing specific for threaded drill bits. Trying to stop myself from reinventing any wheels....

Thanks!

Bit Organizer

I use jewelry boxes, both tops and bottoms, for drills, threaded drills, countersinks, and the occasional Cogsdill bit that I might have (https://cogsdill.com/products/deburring-tools/).

Ain't pretty but it does the job. For frequently used ones, holes drilled in a piece of 2x4.

George

Attachments

• Photo_121306_001.jpg
    Photo_121306_001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 197
Desert Rat +10

You don't need a lot of storage.

Early in my build I used a scrap of wood to make a drill guide to hang on the wall above my bench. I drilled angled blind holes to stick the bits in. The size choices were from #40 and up through the rivet and screw sizes to 1/4" and a couple of big holes for step drill and a few other things. There were only about 10 or 12 selections so its not big. There are not that many sizes needed on a constant basis.

So sizes went left to right. Labelled. But. Drill types went vertically. Top was a sharp jobber length, below was a threaded bit and below that an extra hole for something like a dull-ish bit. All on a board about 2.5 x 12.

Possibly one of the handiest and most often used tools I made during the build.

The rest of the stock of new aviation bits were in my drill drawer in baggies. Only accessed when a replacement was needed.

This works for me. Handy and neat at the same time.

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 163