sbalmos

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Hi all,

Based on other research here on VAF, I'm going to use Loctite 567 for my fuel and brake line fittings' threads outside the fuel tank, later on in my build. But I'm about to seal my tanks and was wondering if I should use Loctite 567 on the threads connecting to my vent and return lines inside the tank? Should it be something different, Proseal, nothing at all... ?

For fuel profile purposes, I am planning to run mogas, and am ethanol-hardening everything just to be safe. Based on what I've read in the VAF archives, Loctite 567 seems to be the choice, maybe even moreso than 577.

Thanks!

You need to get educated on the difference between tappered pipe threads on NPT fittings, and the plain threads on flair style fittings.

No sealant is used on the threads of the "B" nut on flared fittings The mating surfaces of the flare do teh sealing).
Sealant is only used on the threads of NPT fittings.

Ya know, I probably knew that and had that in my notes from reading last night. Just on the drive in to work, my mind was wandering and going into its usual cover-all-bases mode, thinking about anything else I need to buy before this weekend's sealing festivities. Thanks for the virtual slap upside the head.