cnpeters

Well Known Member
Debating whether to stay at Sleepy Hollow this year vs Circle R a few miles south. Both have shaded areas which I desire for tent camping. Latter I'm familiar with, and costs 1/2 as much. But I like that Sleepy Farm is withing walking distance of the grounds, and will have some buds staying over at Scholler nearby. Opinions on Sleepy Hollow?
Thanks

We stayed in Sleepy Hollow last year and have reservations for this year.

I only stayed for half a week so it was the same price for us since they will rent for minimum four days. (four days x $40.00 verses 7 days x $20.00) I think most of the other campgrounds charge you for all week no matter how long you stay.

We camped in the back field without shade, but I have a camper w/AC.

I enjoy being closer so we can come and go as we please and not wait on shuttles.

Did not use their facilities, so someone else will have to let you know on that.

Only drawback for us was the theater in the woods movie is close by and loud with young kids trying to sleep. (run A/C and turn up radio. works for me)

Anyone have an opinion on the other campgrounds in the area with hookups? Maybe something with a playground so my kids can have a break?

Todd
NW Ohio

re: good folks

We've stayed at Sleepy Hollow for the past 6 or 7 years.
The facilities are as good as you could expect for a "temporary" set-up. They aren't KOA facilities but are great nonetheless. I don't think the plumbing is exactly correct on the water heaters for the showers because the hot/cold fades in & out during a shower.:eek: (I'm a licensed plumber/electrician in OK) But it's nothing we can't live with, kind of makes you hurry.:) We have a fifth wheel so it's really not a big deal with us.
I don't think you'll find anyone more accomodating than Jeff & Barb, they've gone out of their way to make sure EVERYONE in the campground is as comfortable as possible. There's plenty of water & electric for the campers, no sewer dump, but, there's a local septic company with a vacuum truck that'll come out & suck out the tanks for you, very nominal fee. All you have to do is let Jeff or one of his "staff" know & it's a done deal, you don't even have to be at your rig.
As for noise. There's a big beer & food vender that sets up on the north side of the street across from Sleepy Hollow. They are a little noisy in the evenings, but it seems like at about midnight, they turn off the switch. There may be some kind of curfew, by the city.
We like being close enough to walk in & out. A bicycle is great transportation.
I've kind of noticed, that the folks that stay at Sleepy Hollow one time, usually become returnees. Also, returnees get first priority for reservations the next year, although, I don't know of anyone that's been turned down.
It's kind of like the rest of the OSH experience, you become "family" with the other campers & look foreward to seeing each other next year and Jeff & Barb remember you & greet you, the next year, by name when you get there.
Bottom line. Super folks, I don't think you'll be dissappointed, give'em a shot.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 fuse/cabin top